By issuing this privacy statement, the Association of Friends of Stedelijk Museum Breda (‘the Friends Association’, ‘we’) aims to be as transparent as possible about how it handles personal data. This privacy statement explains whose personal data we collect and store, what data we collect and store, and for what purpose. It also identifies the legal basis on which we collect personal data, who we share it with and how we secure it. Finally, we set out your rights concerning the personal data we collect and store.
Whose personal data do we collect?
The Friends Association processes personal data of its members, its board members, donors to the Friends Association, parties with whom it collaborates, and people who support the Friends Association financially or otherwise.
What personal data do we collect?
· Name and contact details (including telephone numbers and email addresses);
· Gender (male, female or non-binary, so that we can address you appropriately in correspondence);
· Payment information (mainly IBAN);
· Data related to activities you have attended here;
· Data on your status as a donor to the Friends Association, gifts you have made or the way in which you have donated (e.g. type of ‘friend’ and duration and amount of financial contributions);
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data that we receive directly from you, such as your email address when you indicate you would like to receive information from us, or the details you give when you register for an event or activity run by the Friends Association; also for example when you book a guided tour, when you financially support us or the museum in your capacity as a Friend, or when you do voluntary work, pay us a compliment or submit a complaint.
For what purpose do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data in order to:
· stay in contact with members and other associates;
· recruit and select board members and volunteers;
· supply products and services to members and associates.
In some situations, for example, the Friends Association needs to process your personal data in order to enter into or execute an agreement, such as when you become a member. If you do not then share the necessary information with us, we cannot complete certain transactions and cannot comply with certain arrangements.
Legal basis on which we collect personal data
We collect personal data on the basis of your permission to fulfil contractual obligations, comply with legal obligations and in our legitimate interests. One example of a legitimate interest is the ability to stay in touch with members and associates who financially support the Friends Association.
Sharing personal data
The Friends Association will share your personal data with staff and any sub-processors used by them if, for example, the Friends Association has engaged a third party to provide a service such as processing payments. We reserve the right to reveal your personal data to government bodies, or on the orders of the government, if we are obliged to do so by law.
Personal data storage time
The Friends Association will not process any more data than necessary. Nor will we store your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for it they was collected. The storage time differs from one type of data to another, and depending on the purpose of collection.
Protection of personal data
The Friends Association will do its utmost to secure your personal data against loss and improper use. We have of course taken appropriate technical and organisational measures for the protection of your personal data.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) accords those whose personal data are collected and processed certain rights. You have the right to:
· access your personal data;
· rectification or correction of your data if it is incorrect or incomplete;
· erasure of your personal data (please note that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to keep your data to fulfil statutory obligations);
· object to or request restriction of the processing of your personal data (please note that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to keep your data to fulfil statutory obligations);
· withdraw your permission (please note that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to keep your data to fulfil statutory obligations).
If you are not satisfied with the way in which the Friends Association processes your personal data, please inform us so that we can discuss the matter. You may exercise your rights or make us aware of your response by emailing email@example.com. You can of course also contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Nederlandse Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) directly.
The Friends Association reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. You can always request a copy of the most recent version from us. This privacy statement was last amended on 1 October 2021.
Association of the Friends of Stedelijk Museum, Boschstraat 22, 4811 GH Breda, Netherlands firstname.lastname@example.org